WSPTA wants ALL members to advocate for PTA priorities.
WHAT are our priorities? HOW do members advocate? Learn more here!
This article will be updated with 2019 dates soon. Here are the dates you need to know:
January 21, 2019: Bellevue PTSA goes to Olympia (all members welcome!)
Feb 11, 2019: WSPTA Focus Day. WSPTA can help you advocate to legislators face to face.
Feb 11-15, 2019: WSPTA Advocacy Week. During this week WSPTA will send requests to members to contact legislators about specific issues.
What can you do now?
Sign up for Voter Voice Action Alerts.
Read about WSPTA Legislative Priorities and Supported Issues.
Teaser: The Top Legislative Issue for the 2019-2020 session is Social Emotional Learning:
- The Washington State PTA shall support legislation or policies that integrate Social Emotional Learning and Trauma Informed Practices in the education system:
Provide pre-service and in-service educator and administrator training;
- Ensure staffing levels in schools are funded to meet student need and to support student learning and well-being;
- Increase partnerships with after-school providers and community partners;
- Ensure staffing levels meet the needs of students, including but not limited to: psychologists, counselors, family and community engagement coordinators, social workers, speech-language pathologists, behavior specialists and nurses;
- Support adoption of the Washington State SEL framework.
As always, if you have questions about PTA Advocacy, feel free to contact Amy at firstname.lastname@example.org.