Over 65% of Fortune 500 companies offer employee matching gift programs.
Wilburton PTA is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization. We accept donations from individuals and corporations, and these donations are tax deductible. EIN 83-1039679
Matching Highlights*Minimum matched: $1*Maximum matched: $15,000*Match ratio: 1:1*Eligible employees: full-time, part-time
Matching Highlights*Minimum matched: $25*Maximum matched: $15,000*Match ratio: 1:1*Eligible employees: full-time, part-time
Matching Highlights*Minimum matched: $25*Maximum matched: $20,000*Match ratio: 2:1*Eligible employees: full-time, retirees
Tmobile, Google, General electric, wells fargo
Matching Highlights*Minimum matched: $25*Maximum matched: $10,000*Match ratio: 1:1*Eligible employees: full-time, part-time, retirees
Everyday Spending Donations
AmazonSmile, for example, is a program Amazon has created where .5% of purchases go towards a nonprofit of a shopper's choice. It's one of the simplest and easy ways for you to turn your everyday spending into donations for your favorite nonprofit.
Box Tops for Education
No more clipping. No more sending Box Tops to school. All you need is your phone. Download the ALL-NEW Box Tops app, shop as you normally would, then simply scan your store receipts to find participating products. The app will automatically credit your school's Box Tops earnings online.
Twice a year, your school will receive a check and can use that cash to buy whatever it needs!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Matching Funds Program and what does it do?
- Matching Funds is a PTA program that helps facilitate the matching of any monetary donations made to the Wilburton Elementary PTA by corporate employers who provide the benefit to their employees.
- For qualifying employees, it’s an easy way to double their donations and help the PTA go even farther in helping to support Wilburton Elementary throughout the school year.
How do I know if my donations to the Wilburton PTA can be matched?
- Scroll down to see a list of some of the participating employers in our area and find out how to make a match request with them.
- Not every employer or company offers a corporate matching gifts or funds program. If you are not sure, check with your employer’s HR department to find out.
- Many corporations require that the organization they are matching funds for have 501(3)(c) non-profit status. The Wilburton Elementary PTA does!
If my donations can be matched, how do I make that happen?
- Most employers with matching gift programs make it easy for their employees to match donations. Usually it’s a matter of filling out a form or submitting a simple request online. Check with your HR department or scroll down to see how match requests can be made with many local companies.
- Please note that each company is different and individual employer policies can change from time to time, however, so check with your company’s HR department to find out the most up-to-date details.
What can I do to maximize the benefits of my employer’s Matching Gifts program?
- Many companies have certain requirements for matching their employees’ gifts. For instance, some companies will only match donations that meet a certain one-time minimum dollar amount, such as $25, $50 or $100.
- In these instances, a donor is better off giving an amount that meets the minimum dollar amount once rather than giving a lesser amount on several different occasions.
- For example, donations of $15 as a general donation and $35 for Walk-a-Thon would not be matched by a company that requires a $50 minimum donation in order to match. These amounts cannot be aggregated and a donor would be better off making a one-time donation of $50 at just one event.
- These minimums vary by company and change from time to time, so again, it is important to check with your specific employer’s HR department to find out the details and plan ahead!
I still have questions – who do I contact?
- Feel free to contact our Treasurer, Emily here.
Do you work for one of these local companies?
Most Companies offer matching donation programs so that your company will make donations equal to the contributions you make to any nonprofit organization. Some companies match contributions of their employees' spouses and retirees as well. Please consider filling out a matching funds form at your work office today. Check with your corporate Human Resources or Personnel offices for more details if you can't find them online.
For Microsoft, submit your matching gift request online through your corporate intranet. If you have any questions you can email MS@Easymatch.com or call 800-480-4438. If you volunteered time for a Wilburton PTA event you can also request funds by clicking on the "Volunteer Manager" button on Microsoft's corporate intranet. When you donate 10 volunteer hours, you can submit a volunteer matching gift request for what is eligible under the Microsoft Matching Program Guidelines.
For Boeing, submit your matching donation request online through your internal website Total Access or call 1-866-473-2016. If you volunteered time for a Wilburton PTA event, you can also request funds. For every 25 hours of volunteer service you give to an approved organization, Boeing will donate $250 to the organization. (Volunteer match is currently not available for retirees or non-U.S. employees).