- This event has passed.
Special PTA Meeting!
May 20 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm PDT
Calling all Wilburton Parents (PTA Members and NonMembers*):
WHEN: Monday, May 20th
TIME: 6 – 8 PM
WHERE: At Wilburton Cafeteria
|Please enter through the double doors on the east side of the building. Thank you!|
10% of our Memberships are calling for a special meeting.
As parents of Wilburton students, we feel that the outcome of the 4/22 election was not in good faith and does not represent the majority of the membership. Most members left confused, disappointed and with questions about the process and the intent. Our objective is to provide transparency, answer questions, and be inclusive of the whole Wilburton community.
In accordance with Washington State PTA Bylaws, Section 10C.
For a local PTA, special membership meetings may be called by the president, a majority of the board of directors, or by five percent of the local PTA membership currently enrolled in the WSPTA membership database. Notification of place, date, time and purpose of the meeting shall be provided to members at least ten days before the special meeting in a manner specified in the local PTA standing rules.
1. Motion for recess for 10 minutes to address any questions from the floor – Education opportunity by providing basic motion handouts:
– Understanding differences between Robert Rules, WASPTA Rules and Local PTA Standing rules.
– Policies and procedures of the election process.
2. Motion to amend our standing rules to include Special Member Meetings.
3. Motion to amend our standing rules to include Officer Election, Appointment and Removal.
4. President Election for the term 2019-2020 school year.
5. Board to call for/create a Standing rules committee for 2019-2020 and ask for volunteers – Sign Up Sheet at end of meeting.
*Nonmembers are welcome to attend, but do not have the privilege of voice or vote. Consider joining our membership so that you can vote and support our organization! (https://www.wilburtonpta.org/membership-form).
** This is in accordance with Washington State PTA Bylaws and Policies.