CALL FOR ENTRIES!
Kids who participate in the arts develop creative problem-solving skills which build reasoning and understanding abilities!
Wilburton Entry Deadline: Friday, November 8th, 2019
Reflections is a National PTA arts recognition program that helps students explore their own thoughts, feelings and ideas, develop artistic literacy, increase confidence, and find a love for learning that will help them become more successful not only in school, but in life! Wilburton Entry Form.
Encourage your child to participate in the Reflections Arts Program!
How to Participate
Decide what type of art you want to create.
You can enter more than one category, so if you want to paint a picture AND write a story, go for it!
Think about this year’s theme, “Look Within.”
How will you express the theme in your art? When judges look at your work, the most important thing they will consider is how well it connects to the theme!
Create your Art on your own with no help for parents or caregivers.
This is your student’s chance to shine – let them wow you with their independently created art. Students should also write the artist statement themselves, or if they are too young to write, it should be in their own words
Turn in your art, along with a completed Entry Form, to the main office at Wilburton by Friday, November 8, 2019*.
- Bellevue Council PTA will not be accepting 3D entries for Reflections. That means no ceramics, sculptures, shadow boxes, or other 3D art please
- The size limit for 2D Visual Art entries (including matting) is 24" x 30" and must not exceed 1/2" thickness.
- Please use a rigid mounting for your artwork such as foam core, pressboard, canvas board or cardboard. It is recommended to cover artwork in cellophane wrapping for protection
- The size limit for Photography entries is 8" x 10" before matting and 11" x 14" with matting.
- The Entry Form must be signed by both a parent and the student, and attached to the outside back of the artwork in a plastic sheet protector so it is accessible for judging.
- Plastic sheet protectors are available by request to Reflections@wilburtonpta.org if needed.
Reflections Art Categories, Guidelines and Rules
There is also a Special Artist category for students whose physical, cognitive, or mental health challenges meet the American with Disabilities Act guidelines.
Entries will be displayed at Wilburton in mid to late November.
Sign up to volunteer with the Reflections Program
Have more questions? Please contact Reflections@wilburtonpta.org